Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved
I think I've found a workaround at least for now, but it took a lot of wasted time and client confusion and I thought you might want to work on it. I encountered 2 different sets of problems trying to use a table in my campaign layout: one when I was working within a text box embedded in the template itself, and another set of issues working with a table the regular D&D editor text box. In both cases, I was working in code view and Emma insisted on rewriting my code each time I saved it and either exited the code view into my campaign, or saved/exited the campaign and came back to it.
1) Working in the text box embedded in my template: Emma added all kinds of extra cells and a ton of extra classes/attributes--I think these were the extra cells for the drag selectors in the wysiwyg table editor, but they were also added to my regular active cells and weird classes/attributes applied to any links within those active cells. It was really frustrating because this extra cruft kept reappearing and breaking my table if I tried to remove it and make the table clean and streamlined.
2) Working in the regular text editor, also in code view, if I used the "insert table" feature or hand-coded my table, in all cases every time I save the campaign, exit and come back to it, Emma would:
-- strip all my styling from my <td>s
-- add extra empty <div>s into the <td>s
-- add "draggable:false;" to my <a> inside a <td>
I finally searched the forums and found reference to a suggestion of using the raw html box as a workaround. That's fine for now, but I really think this deserves fixing because if you're working in code view in any kind of box Emma should respect your code.
Thanks for all your help,