tables

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
If made a table in my email.  In Emma it looks fine (didn't do anything over the top, just a table with text).  When I send it to my email to review the table is spacy and compact.  How do I make it look okay in Outlook?
Photo of Nationwide Insurance - Enterprise Solutions

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi there,

Tables are tricky in Outlook, especially if they were created in another MS product and then pasted in! To get around the issue, as long as there are no hyperlinks, you can take a screenshot of the table and pull it in as an image. Be sure to add Alt text so that Outlook remains happy.

I hope that helps!

One issue we have is the table needs to have readable copy so that our visually impaired associates can read the text.

Can the instead read the Alt text?

The table was created in Emma not in a MS product.
Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
You could set the image in and then link out to a document with the table. That document could be adjusted for the visually impaired and I believe, could be read by a doc reader. You could also try the set up that Christa is suggesting. 
Photo of Christa Kasson

Christa Kasson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I custom code my tables.  In the <table> tag, I inline the css:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="border-collapse: collapse;mso-table-lspace: 0pt;mso-table-rspace: 0pt;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">

You can change the width to px.  You need border-collapse: collapse and the mso-...... CSS to target Outlook.  Only use padding in the <td>.

Hope that helps.