Text Boxes Keep Getting Deleted

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Didn't hear back from community member

Is anyone else having problems creating emails right now? I have spent the last hour creating and losing boxes of text because the program keeps freezing. It's not my internet connection as I'm not having the problem anywhere other than Emma. I've just lost an hour of my time, am no further along in producing my email, and have no idea as to  how to solve the problem. What happens?

Create block of text
Enter text
Format text
The formatting doesn't take properly so I have to clip the strip formatting button
That seems to work and I can type a bit more, then the box freezes and I get the scroll wheel of death. When the scrollwheel goes away the block of text is empty.
This has happened 5 times

In between each of those times I have completely shut down the program and browser and relaunched it.

Between the 4th and 5th time I rebooted the computer.

The problem persists.
Photo of Mazamas

Mazamas

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Extremely Frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Mazamas -- I'm so sorry that you're running into this issue in your account. I know you must be frustrated.

We're not getting reports of this across the board. While I haven't seen this exact situation before, I do know that having to add and remove formatting repeatedly when working in the editor can sort of clog things up and slow things down a bit -- something we are actively working to improve! With that in mind, let's focus on how you're pasting your text in originally, as that is most likely where the issue begins.

If you're not already using a plaintext editor, let's try first pasting your text (from Word or its orginal source) into editpad to make your copy plaintext. Then you can copy that text from there and paste it into the editor. This should eliminate some of the trouble you're having with getting your formatting to stick and pontentially having to remove the formatting you've already applied.

Can you give me an example or point me to a mailing where the formatting isn't sticking? I may be able to dig deeper there as well. Thanks!
Photo of Mazamas

Mazamas

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I run everything through Notepad before I dump it into Emma and I still have this problem repeatedly. I had to give up on the system yesterday and start over today and I was able to get it to work. It is the most recent email in my account that was the problem, but I have to stress that this is an ongoing problem and one of the things that has really frustrated me about your system and that will drive me away if it continues. 

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- Ok, we'll rule that out then.

I definitely understand your frustration here! So far in my initial testing, I'm not able to replicate the issues you're describing, though I have heard a few other accounts of the editor growing more sluggish when building campaigns - especially when working with text formatting. This is something we are becoming more aware of and are making a priority in terms of our developmental resources. 

That being said, I'm going to loop in our tier two support team here to see if we can drill down any deeper here and potentially replicate what you're seeing. 

Thanks for your patience!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Update for you -- I'm only able to replicate this issue when pasting text into the mailing from Word or Notes. Can you confirm for me that Notepad translates your text to plaintext? I know Editpad does this by default, but in my experience, you have to format the text in Notepad to plaintext. Thanks!

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hello again -- Just checking in here. Can you confirm for me that you're using a plaintext editor to copy and paste your text into your mailing? I know this experience for you has been frustrating, and we want to try and remedy it the best we can. Let me know if you're still running into these issues when using the editor!