Text alignment off center

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

I had to adjust my text options to get this to center. They seem out of whack, just wanted to let you know. No rush on this or anything.

Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I checked your campaign and was glad to see that you managed to make it look great despite an added degree of difficulty. That said, I am not sure I understand what the problem is exactly. You say “I had to adjust my text options to get this to center.” What steps did you follow to adjust the text, specifically what part of the text was not right (i.e. the headline or the paragraph), and how did the process used to get the right look vary from what you’d expect the editor to do? I am happy to troubleshoot further, but I can’t tell by looking at your campaign what defect you’re noting. Can you please explain your workflow?
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
If you'll look at the image I posted above, you will see the alignment properties I used to adjust the text in the center.

The problem is in the options "Change block styles and Options" for the text box. I had to use Margins: Right 15, Left 15 and Padding: Right 20 and Left 32

Right padding of 20 and left padding of 32 just seem way off to me, I would think it would need to be even for it to center properly.

I set the text with Left alignment in the text editor before adjusting the block style.

Hope that makes sense.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Also having the same issue with images...

Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
This is now becoming a problem. I wonder if it has something to do with the template I'm using. It's an old one I believe.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
You can mark this solved. It is definitely my template. Thanks!
Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Indeed, I just finished testing and can confirm the older template is part of the problem. When I deleted the main image, refreshed the campaign and added the image back from your image library with a new image placeholder, it was perfectly centered. Since the time you originally saved this template, we upgraded how Emma’s Save As Template feature processes block code and that’s why starting fresh is a good plan. Rest assured that now that Save as Template is upgraded, any newly saved templates will behave and render more reliably moving forward!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Yep. So now I just need the new blank template updated with our secondary address for Marine Parts Source. (Same as in the footer of the one you just tested). I've already submitted a support post for this but not responses yet. :) Thank you!
Photo of Cassie Berman

Cassie Berman, Alum

• 153 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Great. We’re happy to help you with that footer update independently of this conversation, and will be in touch as soon as we can assist you with that.
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Thank ya!