There was no latin placeholder text in my test, but it did appear upon sending.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL cleanup

I sent myself a test email for the mailing called "AP of the Year." It had not latin placeholder text or image placeholders in the test, but when I sent it out to my audience, it DID appear. What happened? Here's a link to the test: https://t.e2ma.net/message/prlpv/5786ib. Here's a link to the final email: https://t.e2ma.net/message/lcnpv/5786ib
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
  • embarassed that my audience saw that!

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Do you have any information on this? I have been asked to explain. Thanks.
Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi there,

This usually happens when you switch from columns back to one column, or add a row and forget to set it back to no rows. After sending yourself the test, did you play with the layout at all? Image box, and the Lorem Ipsum shows up to mark where the right hand column is. Then, when switched back to one column, the right column folds under the left. Those boxes shifted from the right column below the left. They would have needed to be deleted. 
(Edited)
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
No. I made one small text change and then sent it out. I didn't touch the layout.
Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I made a clone of the original titled "AP of the Year - Clone of Orig." and it does have the extra content a the bottom, as it was sent in the original. This rules out anything happening after it was sent.

Is it possible that someone else may have tweaked the content and put it back to the original format, not realizing that the extra boxes were there?

There isn't anything out of the ordinary that I can see on our side of things that could have caused it. And it is consistent with moving from columns to a single column, as I mentioned before.

Has this issue cropped up again? 
(Edited)
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
This happened again today. Here is a link to the test email: https://t.e2ma.net/webview/lgmb7/aa8edca40e54bcd2968125ef19425fc1 and here is the final email:  https://t.e2ma.net/message/xtob7/5786ib

I changed NOTHING before sending to our members, and NO ONE ELSE uses this account.

This is the third time this happened. Will you please check this out for me? 
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  I'm going to dig on this and see if we can't figure out an answer.  

Just so I have all of the information, it looks like last test was sent at 12:27pm , then the mailing went out at 3:00pm on the nose.  

I'm assuming, then, that the mailing was scheduled to go out at 3:00pm.  Can you walk me through anything you remember between sending the test at 12:27pm and when you scheduled?   Did you leave the editor and come back?   Did you go straight from the "Send Test" screen to the "Review and Send" screen?   Can you tell me an approximate time that you scheduled the mailing?  
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I don't remember exactly, but I think that I went to the campaign tab and worked on something else in the interim. Then, I returned to the mailing and went to review and send. I may have also left the mailing open in a separate tab while working on something else. I probably scheduled it between 12:30 and 1:30. I wish I could remember more. I use Chrome Version 64.0.3282.168. Thanks for looking into this. 
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
That's plenty helpful.  

I know that typically the only reason those default blocks would show up is if you turn on "Columns" and then turn them off again.  I'm not sure if there's something else that could cause that.  

I will say that we definitely recommend not working in multiple different tabs of Emma, as that has been known to cause some issues.  Not every time, but if you had a different mailing open in the editor in a different tab, some cross-saving funkiness could happen.  I'm not sure if you were saying that you had Emma open in a different tab or were just in a different browser tab altogether, but I wanted to point that out.  

Either way, that's helpful and I'm going to take a look at this with some colleagues and see what we can find!  
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Different tab, same browser.
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
It happened again. Here's a link to the campaign: https://t.e2ma.net/message/pbdc7/5786ib
This time, I did not have multiple tabs open when editing or sending.  The placeholders were not at the bottom of the test email: https://t.e2ma.net/message/ls7b7/9au8li
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi there!   Thanks for sending along the information!   I have an answer for us!  YAY!  

My good friend Ben here just informed me that this is what's going on and we have a way to fix it! 

If you have a template that does not have default content blocks in the content area, then any time you save and close out of a template, then open it back up, the system will generate those default content blocks at the bottom of the mailing.  This is apparently a new thing that has changed recently.  

The FIX!  If you can confirm for me what templates you guys use on a regular basis and we will go through on the back end here and get those fixed!   
- G
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!   We went ahead and made a copy of the "NJPSA blank" template and made the changes we needed.  

From now on you'll want to use the "NJPSA blank UPDATED"  template.  

Let me know if you have any questions!
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
That's Great! Thanks so much.  I use FEA blank 2017, LEGAL ONE 2017, Survey, and Survey Reminder every week.
Photo of Grey Stepp

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  I've added an updated "FEA blank 2018" to your templates.   

The others should all be fine as they had default text in them to begin with, so you shouldn't see that error pop up in them.  

I would suggest going ahead and deleting the "FEA blank 2017" and "NJPSA blank" templates from your library, as those will still cause you issues, but the rest should be good to go!  

Let me know if you have any additional questions!  
Photo of NJPSA/FEA

NJPSA/FEA

• 108 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks a bunch!