Editing tools disabled by missing flexible layout tag

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I go to the drag & drop editor & click on the Create a new mailing I get to screen to choose a template & then it comes up in the edit screen, however there aren't any toolbar or text/image elements available.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Emma's experiencing some issues topic.
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 51 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
I'm sorry you're having this issue! I've jumped into your WWC sub-account to take a look. When I click to create a new mailing in the drag & drop editor and select the template called "Blank Template - Editable Header, Footer," all of the editing features are there:

It sounds as though you may have selected a template that was built awhile back for our classic editor with hard-coded text boxes and image placeholders. If there isn't a certain tag in the template's code that tells it to be flexible and work with the drag & drop editor, then you won't be able to move around elements in your new mailing.

Does it sound like this might be the case? I'm glad to take a look at the specific template, if you aren't sure.
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 51 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Yes, that was the case, I forgot to change the layout tag. Thanks much!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Terrific! Glad it was an easy fix.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
P.S. I've updated this conversation's subject line to reflect what we chatted about, because I bet other folks have this question, too.
Photo of WWC

WWC

• 51 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks Katie, the possibility that others may also forget to change the tag makes me feel better :>)