Tracking open rates on mobile devices

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Implemented!

I'd like to see open rates for mobile devices added to the statistics that you track for each campaign. It would be helpful for us to know what percentage of our readers are opening our emails on their mobile phone or tablet vs. a desktop or laptop. Thanks!
Photo of jwillettwlu

jwillettwlu

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Great idea! We're gathering some information for you here and hope to have a response soon -- I believe you and I also corresponded over email, where I let you know that the product owner who would have the answer may be out of the office until next week, so please forgive the delay!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! I don't want you to think we've forgotten about you -- Our teams are meeting this week about if and when mobile open rates will be explored, so I hope to have more information for you soon.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks for your patience! I've spoken with the appropriate folks in-house, as mobile is an aspect we're certainly focused on and super-excited about as a business. We're aware of the importance of mobile for email and definitely heading in that direction, so there are many enhancements to come. These steps leave some unknown variables, and since giving a hard-and-fast date tends to lend itself to frustration when tasks are unexpectedly re-prioritized, there isn't a set-in-stone timeline to share just yet.

We have been frequently posting about mobile in our blog (www.myemma.com/blog), and I thought it would help to share some of those efforts here:

+ Our responsive design strategy: http://myemma.com/blog/article/respon...

+ Optimizing your content for mobile viewing: http://myemma.com/blog/article/respon...

+ All free templates are responsive: http://myemma.com/blog/article/all-fr...

+ Mobile preview before sending: http://myemma.com/blog/article/previe...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Campaign results: PC vs. mobile?.

When reviewing the response/results for a campaign, is it possible to see how many recipients opened it on a PC and how many opened it on a mobile device/smartphone? As we move toward pushing more content to mobile devices, it'd be very helpful -- especially when presenting results to our C-level execs -- to have this kind of data.
Photo of David Wright

David Wright, VP of Product Management

• 110 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience on this one! I'm excited to let you know that we will be rolling out an extra layer of response data later this month, including opens by device (desktop vs. mobile) and by client (e.g. Apple Mail vs. Outlook). With the introduction of Metric, our iPhone app for your email response on the go, it really challenged us to do a full review of what response data we show, how that data is presented, and how quickly you can access it. 

The result is a brand new design and a whole new approach to response data in Emma. Better yet, we're also working these stats into our next version of Metric. (By the way, here's a sneak peek at some of the scope for Metric 1.1, if you're curious!)

Be on the lookout for an email from us next week that explains a bit more about the new response overview with an invitation to a webinar for a first look. We're excited to roll this out over the next few weeks, and look forward to your continued feedback!

Best,
David
(Edited)
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Excellent! Can't wait...
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Whoop Whoop!! That's great news!!!! HIGH FIVE!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey, all! Click here if you’d like early access to the new Response page.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
And this is out in the wild now! Thanks for the great idea.
Photo of Ted Hogan

Ted Hogan, Champion

• 145 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
The ability to see the open rates for mobile devices is huge. Thanks to all at Emma for your efforts to make this happen.
"The difficult things we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer."