Transfer account

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer an account from one user to a different, external user who will then manage that account going forward.  
Photo of Hall Strategies

Hall Strategies

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Bethany Woerner

Bethany Woerner, Champion

• 40 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hello,

This should be possible in one of two ways, depending on the level of permissions you want the new user to have—

If you're a manager on an agency account, and want to give the new user your same manager-level permissions (including the ability to create templates at the top level of the agency's account and manage all sub accounts + billing):
  • Click "Menu" in the top right hand corner of your screen
  • In the drop down menu that appears, click "Accounts"
  • Click on the sub account you wish to modify
  • Click the "Edit" button under the "Managers" column on the right hand side of your screen
If you're on the sub account level and want to give the new user full access to just that sub account:
  • Click the "Account" link in the top right hand side of the screen
  • Click the "Team" tab that appears on the left side bar
  • To add the new user, click the button "Invite a Team Member"
  • To edit the current user's permissions or delete them from the team altogether, click the down arrow next to their name
I hope this helps!
-Bethany
(Edited)
Photo of Nate Gallagher

Nate Gallagher, Employee

• 41 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hello, 

Nate from Emma Support here!

As per usual, Bethany is spot on with her advice for working with an Agency account. I'd like to add that you'll need to contact Emma Support directly to change the Owner of an Agency account, as we'll need to verify billing information. The same goes with changing the Primary Contact for a Pro/Plus account. Feel free to give us a call at 800.493.2525 or shoot us an email at support@myemma.com

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any questions! 

- Nate
(Edited)