Trigger series for contacts already in system as well as new sign ups

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated

I want to create a trigger series that will start when someone signs up from a certain form, but I would like to start the trigger series by sending to contacts already in my audience. Then people who sign up will get added into that same group. Is there a way to create one trigger series for this or will they have to be separate? Or will I have to delete the contacts already in the system and re-enter them to start the trigger?
Photo of Gullett Sanford Robinson & Martin PLLC

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Hey there! This trigger or autoresponder email can only fire based on the action of completing the signup form. So in this case here those existing members would not receive emails sent as part of the autoresponder series.

For the sake of these existing members, you could make a copy of this group and then manually schedule these campaigns to send at your desired dates in the future.  This way those existing members could still receive the same emails and your autoresponder series would fire as designed to those new members who completed the signup form. 

Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!  I figured that's how I would end up having to handle.  I'm assuming that I would need to keep the existing members and new sign-ups in two separate audience groups?  If they filter into the existing group, I'm guessing they would also receive the scheduled emails set up for existing members as well as the trigger emails based on the sign up form.  Does that make sense?
Photo of Tyler Scott

Tyler Scott, Employee

• 805 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Good morning! Definitely makes sense and you are exactly right you would want to keep them in separate groups. Please let me know if I can assist further.