Trouble sending to Road Runner emails

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are having a lot of trouble with email delivery to any/ all rr.com email addresses. Examples would be ec.rr.com, nyc.rr.com, triad.rr.com. This has been ongoing since mid-summer.

Is there a known issue from Emma?

We are receiving serious complaints from our customers about not receiving emails when our customers have Road Runner accounts.

Thanks.
Photo of Liz Stephenson

Liz Stephenson

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Laura Dickerson

Laura Dickerson, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Hello,

I have had other customers ask about the rr.com domain issues. I checked in with our Delivery team and the conversation with RoadRunner is ongoing. 
Emma's delivery rate to RR domains are really, really pinned down and well below any published limits they have set, that said, the conversation continues and I will update this post when I have more info.
Photo of BookPage

BookPage

• 13 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi there--

Just wondering if there was an update on this? We ran into a similar issue with our last Xtra mailing. Should we bother moving those addresses back to Active, or will they for sure be denied? 

Thanks!
Mary Claire
Photo of Laura Dickerson

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
I would move the folks out of error and try sending to them again: 
Go to the Error tab 
Copy the folks into a group (select all, copy, into groups, name it Verizon, and click copy) 
Send to them separately 
Photo of Liz Stephenson

Liz Stephenson

• 35 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Mary Claire - I do not have an update, but I can share what the YMCA did that helped.

We took all the RR addresses and put them into separate Audiences of no more than 50. Then when we checked our response rate, we saw the majority of them go through.

Granted it was work - I believe our staff just re-uploaded our people into those separate audiences.

If you collected these RR addresses from the web (as in not from your database) you could export them from Emma and then reload them into separate Audiences.

Hope this helps.
Photo of Laura Dickerson

• 778 Posts
  • 64 Reply Likes
Liz that sounds like a great work around! Thank you! 

I don't have any new updates on the RoadRunner issue, but I am keeping an eye/ear out for updates.