Trying to draft a weekly newsletter and My Emma continually keeps stopping, spooling and saving- script issue?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Didn't hear back from community member

Trying to draft a weekly newsletter and My Emma continually keeps stopping, spooling and saving -- so it is taking me forever to draft this newsletter. This has been happening a lot over the past few weeks. I have cleared my cache, tried different browsers and it stills keeps happening. Is it a script issue? Help!  I am on Firefox 37.0.2. The mailing is : https://app.e2ma.net/app2/campaigns/create/208862590/ (St Michael's School, week of April 27(
Photo of St. Michael's Episcopal School

St. Michael's Episcopal School

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- are you seeing a specific error that says "Unresponsive Script" when working in Firefox? Is this happening when you're working in the mailing or specifically when you try to send a test? Can you point me to the mailing you're working in?

Thanks!

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

It us while I am working on the mailing. I am getting an unresponsive script message on and off. The  mailing is St Michaels school week of April 27.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Clearing the cache and cookies in Firefox usually resolves that unresponsive script error. Can you give that a try?
When clearing the cache and cookies in your browser, you'll want to be sure to completely shut down your browser and start a new browsing session before logging in again!

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It happens both in Firefox and safari. and I keep clearing the cache, shutting down browser and starting again and it still happens. :(
Photo of The Northwest Academy

The Northwest Academy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That keeps happening to me as well, both in Firefox and Safari. Extremely annoying. I get interrupted enough as it is when I'm working on mailings in Emma and it's frustrating to have to log-in so frequently and then try to remember where I left off.
I've had the same issue, on and off, in IE.  Took me a full day to draft an email that should have taken an hour, tops.  It seems to resolve itself, but I can't say I've found a solution.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey guys -- I hate to hear that you're running into this issue. Based on my research, this script error is most common in Firefox. If you're only running into it when using Emma, you can block scripts from running when you're on that page. There's more detailed instructions on that here as well as an explanation of what the error means and options for bypassing it (stopping it or letting it run longer). Based on this Firefox support article, it sounds like the resolution for the script varies significantly for each user and your particular setup. 

Please let me know if blocking scripts when in Emma is a good resolution here!

For those of you seeing this in other browsers, could you share a screenshot here of exactly what you're seeing? Thanks!
Photo of Cheapskates Web Marketing

Cheapskates Web Marketing

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm trying to work on an existing draft email and everything is fine until I click the "edit" option-then the page just hangs. This happened last week too. I'm travelling at the moment and really do not have the time or the patience to be bothered shutting down and logging in constantly, to no avail. Is there a problem with the email edit? I can't hold up my group while I spend two or three hours trying to do what should be a 20 minute job.

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I hate to hear you're frustrated. I hopped into your account and was able to open your latest draft. I also noticed that you have a mailing scheduled to send tomorrow, so I hope you were able to get in there and make the necessary edits. If that's not the case, can you point me to the specific mailing you're working in? I'll take a closer look!