Use multiple images across a multiple column layout for menu links and logo header

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Conversation moved elsewhere

Today I was thinking of changing up the layout a bit and using two columns with my current template. (I have only been using the one column layout until now) When I do this, my menu bar is moved to the second column instead of across the entire layout, like my logo image. Is there a way to fix this?

This can also be a suggestion if it's not an option.

Thanks again!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Brandi! Header images are treated a little differently when you apply a two-column layout. Those will stretch across the whole top of your campaign since they aren't part of the flexible layout area.

Since you're using a multiple image block inside the flex area for your menu bar - that's got to fit into one column or the other.

Currently, the only way for that bar to stretch across the whole mailing would be for our designers to code it in for you. Adding the ability to do this from the customer side is something that we're already discussing on our end.

I hope this helps to answer your question, and please let me know if I can help with anything else!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Awesome! Thank you. How much is it to have that coded in for me?
Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
It's a little difficult for me to say, since I'm not a designer. Without that HTML coding knowledge, I'd just be throwing out numbers :)

You can submit a design request by filling out the online design form here - http://myemma.com/design-form

Just select the option for "Revisions" - that's what you're looking for here. Those jobs typically run around $99/hour of design work, so the price will vary depending on the complexity of the job. You can ask for a more specific quote before the work is started in the notes section of the design form. If you do that, a designer from our team will reach out with more information!

Cheers,
Ben
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Thank you. :)
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Hey Ben,

Pertaining to what you said here...do you have a timeline on this, for the customer's end?

Thanks!

Currently, the only way for that bar to stretch across the whole mailing would be for our designers to code it in for you. Adding the ability to do this from the customer side is something that we're already discussing on our end. 

Photo of Ben Vance

Ben Vance, Alum

• 328 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hey, Brandi!  The last I heard was that we were doing some initial design work to see how a feature like this would look in Emma.  It’s still a good ways from the actual development phase, so I can’t give a timeline - but I do know that it’s being worked on!
Photo of Brandi Leath

Brandi Leath

• 531 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Thanks Ben!! :)
Photo of Aldersgate Renewal Ministries

Aldersgate Renewal Ministries

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm also interested in the ability to have multi-column layout option for customers. IF that means I can have a header, then two columns of text/graphic then another header, etc. In trying to not overwhelm our constituents with too many emails, we're combining offers and event notices in one email and to separate the contents by other headers or even dividers that stretch across the width would be very helpful!
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey there! That’s an idea we’re tracking here, if you’d like to vote it up.