using multiple lightbox forms

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: bug solved

I have created two lightbox forms and specified certain pages for each of them to reside on. When I create the forms, the script code generated by emma for both forms is exactly the same. Since I am specifying the url that each form should appear on, I figured that might be how emma knows what form to display, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The form I have specified to appear on a certain page does not show up. At one point the incorrect form appeared on the page that should have had the other form. I have cleared browser data and used multiple browsers. I have saved and activated both forms. Should the script id and cloudfront info be the same for both of the forms I created, or is a bug I am experiencing?
Photo of Dean

Dean

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Restaurant Equippers

Restaurant Equippers

• 27 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I'll be interested in where this conversation goes. I'm using two lightboxes now, but our mobile site is a different URL, so there is no conflict. At some point, I definitely want to use another lightbox on my desktop site though!
Photo of Damian Gatta

Damian Gatta, Official Rep

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Dean, 

I reached out to you via email to ask you for your account information so that I can take a look at your Lightbox forms.  If you could please reply to my email and provide me with the information that I requested, I can hop into your account and take a peek.  Once I am able to do that, I will post any information I find here.

I'll be on the lookout for your email!
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Dean, 

I jumped in your account and took a look at your 2 Lightbox forms.  I see that the Lightbox form 'Newsletter Signup' is set to only display on a specific page on your website (see step 6) and the Lightbox form July is set to display on all pages.  This is causing conflict since both forms are set to display on the same page (the page that is set for the Newsletter Signup).  Try selecting on step 6 for the July Lightbox form the 'All EXCEPT the following pages' option and enter in the url for the page that is specified in step 6 for the 'Newsletter Signup'.  There can't be any overlap with the forms as 1 of the forms will 'win' over another.

Give that a try and let me know if that helps resolve any trouble you were experiencing.
Photo of Clever Cycles

Clever Cycles

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Damian,

I tried what you suggested with no luck. I then specified that the July form only show on the home page and that the other form only show on the /newsletter page but that did not work either. Now I am not able to get any of the forms to show up. I am assuming that it is because of this error that I can see when I enable the error console in the browser? 

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)" 

Thanks,
Dean
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Dean, 

I am digging into this and doing some testing.  I will post here what I find in my testing.

I'll be in touch here shortly!
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Dean, 

I did some testing and was able to get the July Lightbox form to work properly.  I did change Step 6 to display on All Except the following pages and entered in the newsletter URL.  For the Newsletter Lightbox, I think that the code for this form is in your website code two times, which will cause the form to not load.  Take a look at your code and remove the script so that it is only showing 1 time and that should resolve the trouble you were having with that form to display on the newsletter URL.  You may need to clear the cache and cookies in your browser after doing this to apply the setting and then head over to your website.

Let me know if after doing this you are still having any trouble!
Photo of Clever Cycles

Clever Cycles

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I removed the code but I can not get the form to show on the newsletter page. 
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Dean, 

Sorry about my delay in responding here.  I am going to have some colleagues here take a peek and see if anything pops out to them.  I will reach out here with any information that I can find out!
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Dean, 

I had some folks here at Emma take a look at your Lightbox form and we tested on another site and the code for the form is working properly, we even tested having the two Lightbox forms on the same site on different pages and both forms work great.  The trouble may stem from on the scripts in your code that is interfering with the Emma Script.  If you want to diagnose this, you could try removing the JS scripts one by one and see if anything changes.  We will continue to test and see if anything else comes up, but in the meantime I would suggest removing the JS scripts one by one to see if that will change in the form displaying.  

I'll be sure to reach out here if we come across any other details.
Photo of Clever Cycles

Clever Cycles

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are getting an 403 error from the emma javascript server whenever the form doesn't display. 

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)"
Photo of Damian Gatta

• 342 Posts
  • 43 Reply Likes
Hi Dean, 

We did have a bug that we have now resolved around using the "All pages except" feature.  Now that this has been resolved, your form should work as expected.  You may need to clear the cache and cookies in your browser, once cleared closed all active windows that are open in the browser and then reopen the browser and head over to your website.

Give that a try and be sure to let me know if you are still experiencing trouble with the form displaying on the page!