Utilizing snippet text

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Is there a way to remove the "If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online" text at the top of a campaign? I'd like to utilize our snippet text for promotion instead of this dated direction. Is this just our template, or is there a way around this? I have seen that some templates (not via Emma) offer specific text sections in the top left to address this issue.

Thanks for the help,
Darcy

Photo of Western Energy Institute

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there, Darcy!

It sounds like you're looking to have a hardcoded text box added into the top of your template code, so that you can modify the text at the very top of your mailing each time you send. That's most definitely something we can help with! To do that, we'd just do a little custom work on the HTML of a particular template to give you an additional template option in the account with that hardcoded text box added.

It looks like you're using the template named "WEI Template - Mobile Optimized" on your most recent mailings. Is that the template where you'd like the hardcoded text box added in place of the "see it online" text? There is a small design fee associated with doing that sort of custom coding, but the fee would only be $25 to add the text box in to that particular template. Please reply with your approval of that charge, and I can get a copy of that template added to your account with the hardcoded text box included. We should be able to get that added within one business day.

I'll watch for your reply before moving forward with the customized template copy. And as always, please give me a shout if you have additional questions on this!

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Katie,

This sounds like exactly what I'm interested in. Is is possible to use a copy of our current template so we have the option to use the box or not?
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
That's totally possible! We'll just create a copy of the current "WEI Template - Mobile Optimized" template. In that copy, we'll replace the "see it online" text with an editable text box that will expand in height to fit the text you insert there. And the current "WEI Template - Mobile Optimized" template will also remain unedited in the account, so you'll always have the choice of which version you'd like to use for a mailing.

Should we move forward with this template work? If so, please let me know that you approve the $25 charge, and we'll get started!

Western Energy Institute

• 36 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes please! I approve the $25. Thank you!
Photo of Katie Watts

• 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Good afternoon, Darcy!

I've got an additional template added to your account named "WEI Template - Mobile Optimized (header textbox)." In that new template, I've replaced the "see it online" text with a hardcoded text box that allows you to insert your own text there.

Please take a peek at that new template, and give me a shout if something isn't working there as you expected. You'll see that $25 charge for the custom design work on your next invoice.

Thanks a bunch!