Valid links are not working.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We recently sent out a newsletter (January Newsletter 2015-12-27) with valid and working links (that I tested), but a few people have indicated that the same links are not working for them. I’m not sure why the links will work on my laptop, but not work for others. Please help! (Safari version 9.0.2).
Photo of Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber-

Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber-

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Confused

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi there,

I jumped into your account and made a copy of that mailing to test, and didn't spot any issues with the links there. There was one secure site that did require me to verify in order to proceed (the scholarship application link), however it still directed just fine after verification.

Did the recipients who indicated the problem with the links point out any specific links that were giving them trouble? I haven't been able to replicate any issues with the links there so far, and our backend data isn't showing any problems with any links in the mailing either. Any additional info you can offer would be helpful- thanks so much!
Photo of Benton Cummings

Benton Cummings, Senior Manager, Customer Support

• 491 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hi again,

I just wanted to check back in with you on this to see if you had any additional info for me - I'd love to help further on this!

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello! 

Thank you for checking into this. I just realized that all of the links that were reported broken were links to webpages on our website (www.hmccoregon.com). The "events" link, all the "click here" links, and the "contact us" link at the bottom of the newsletter were reported as broken or not working. Do you think it could have something to do with our website? Thanks again for your help.
Photo of Andrew Heuback

Andrew Heuback, Official Rep

• 142 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi. Stepping in today as Benton is out of the office. I sent your most recent campaign to myself via Review and Send and then checked every link from my desktop on a wireless internet connection - everything worked just fine.

Can you let me know if there was a specific mailing where the links were reported to not work? Was Google Analytics applied to the mailing at the time of send? If you can give me as much detail as possible, including the browser / mail client used when the links were not working, I'll do my best to dig in further!

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Google analytics are not applied. I sent a recent test mailing ("New President's Welcome Reception 2016-02-15 07:46 PM"). And the "RSVP" link has been reported as broken or not working by our President. So I tested this link on my private laptop using Google Chrome, and it worked. So far, only employees have reported these links as broken; our company uses Outlook. I'm still not sure why this is happening.