Thumbnail cannot be generated for Vimeo link

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: EOL CLEANUP

I'm trying to embed a video using a Vimeo link. 

https://vimeo.com/76480750

When I try to embed, it says a thumbnail cannot be generated with this url?
I'm using Google Chrome version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)
Photo of Hot Spring Spa West Des Moines - Urbandale IA - 101016-811 / 101

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Andrew Heuback

Andrew Heuback, Official Rep

• 142 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey there! I took a look at your video and I noticed this in the Share settings on Vimeo:

"The owner of this video has set domain restrictions and you will not be able to embed it on all websites. Please contact the owner if you would like permission to embed this video"

These domain restrictions may be prohibiting our process for generating the thumbnail. I suggest updating the settings to lift those domain restrictions, then clearing your browser's cache and cookies, restarting the browser, and trying again. Here are some instructions from Vimeo for updating those settings:

https://vimeo.com/help/faq/managing-your-videos/video-settings#how-do-i-edit-my-videos-settings

If you can, please let me know if updating these settings allowed you to generate the thumbnail in Emma!

If you prefer not to update the settings, you could always take a screenshot of the video and add it to your campaign as a linked image that points to the video's URL. 
Photo of Climate Ride

Climate Ride

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having the same problem with a youtube URL. I checked the settings and it is public and allows the video to be embedded. Is there a new solution to this?
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
It looks like you've run across a bug that we've seen surface recently.  The issue is intermittent and normally resolves after 30-60 minutes.   

Our developers are looking into the potential causes for this.