Send the same mailing on a recurring schedule

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
We are sending reminders, and blog updates which have the same content weekly and sometimes twice a week. We are having to copy campaigns and spend a lot of time scheduling campaigns in order to make it happen. A recurring send option would be awesome!!
Photo of DefiNet Contact

DefiNet Contact

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • excited about the possibilty!!

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi there! Thanks for writing. Are the reminders and blog updates you’re sending going to the same people with the same content weekly? I think it might help to get a more real-world understanding of the type of content you’re imparting and why it’s being shared multiple times.
Photo of DefiNet Contact

DefiNet Contact

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hey katie, yes it is going to a blog on one of our clients, which is emailed with weekly updated blog content. And the other account is a cleaners who does pickups/deliveries, it's a reminder to his clients of their pickup and delivery days. That's the one that's taking so much time because we are going in and scheduling a month in advance, 2 per week: a Monday Campaign and a Wednesday Campaign. The monday campaign goes to a specific audience, and the wednesday campaign goes to a specific audience. Thanks- Lucas
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks for these details, Lucas! It sounds like you’re editing the blog mailing with updated content each time before sending it; is that right? Or does that mailing simply contain a link to your blog, and going to that link shows the most recent content?

I get what you mean with the cleaners emails. I’m checking in with our developers to learn more about the mailing automation work they’re doing, and in the meantime, you might check out this conversation about a recurring email series.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hey again, Lucas! I chatted with our team that’s working on autoresponders, and while there’s some cool work in the pipeline, it doesn’t exactly line up with your goal here. Scheduling your emails to the proper audience segments is still going to be the best route for you for now.

Thank you for this idea!
Photo of The Independence Center

The Independence Center

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there any update to this? We really need this function too!
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! There's no update yet, but I'll let you know just as soon as there is. :)
Photo of Amy

Amy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That would be really great...we send event invitations to the same group(s) 2-3 times, and it would really be a time-saver to be able to schedule each email to go out on specific dates/times (set it and forget it)!
Photo of ebcs

ebcs

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We need this function also. Want to send the same email twice per month to let clients know that their reports are ready to be viewed. The template will always be the same, we would just update the audience as the client list changed.
Photo of Grey Stepp

Grey Stepp, Support Team Manager

• 1700 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hey there!  I'll be glad to add you to the list!   I'll reach back out here if we ever do plan to set up anything like this.  

Cheers!
Photo of ben@snapshotinteractive.com

ben@snapshotinteractive.com

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Is there any updates to this? I want to send a recurring email to my team that has the same link each week. Just as a remind. Thanks!
I am interested in more options for scheduling emails too. I send out an event email and want it to go out weekly or every other week up until a certain date. Right now I schedule them all individually which is time consuming. Plus if I have to edit it, I will have to remake them all.
Photo of Cody De Vos

Cody De Vos, Official Rep

• 106 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi there! This is Cody with Emma's Product team. I'm exploring recurring scheduled emails as a possible addition to our toolset in 2017 and would love to learn more about how you'd like to use them. Would you be open to chatting for a bit sometime this week? If so, just reply here to confirm, and I'll contact you directly to schedule something. 

Oh, and for anybody else who'd like to connect, that offer stands for you too! Just reply here and I'll reach out. Meantime, we're moving this post from "Not Planned" to "Under Consideration."
Photo of Kristina Dolan

Kristina Dolan

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Cody - I'd love to talk about this! My email is kristina@snapshotinteractive.com if you'd like to set up a good time. 
Thanks!
Photo of Cody De Vos

• 106 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Thanks! I'll be in touch. :)
Photo of tony@achbilling.com

tony@achbilling.com

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
We only need to send the same email campaign to the same audience on the same date of the month. The audience will be updated every two weeks but the email and dates will stay the same
(Edited)
Photo of Cody De Vos

• 106 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
Thanks for sharing! I'll keep your needs in mind while we explore this option.