What happened to Compare Mailings? New Format Broken? No Sorting? ...

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: resolved

Im starting my monthly reports and it looks like the "Compare Mailings" has been updated to a new format and is not functioning correctly. All the campaigns seem to be displayed in a random order no matter what you choose from the drop down field.

There is no way to sort the data as well.  Anyone else see this or have this problem?  This was just updated in the past 30 days.

Any help is appreciated. Im not sure how i will pull my reports this month.
Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
  • frustrated, disapointed

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis -- We did recently update the Compare Mailings page with the added ability to sort by date or search by name. We didn't implement sorting on this page because of that increased functionality. Check out our help documentation here, and let me know if setting a date range or searching by mailing name doesn't help your process!
Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Emily,

That is not the issue, no matter what i choose, whether im selecting "7 Days" or "Last Month", its not displaying the correct campaigns.

For example I selected "7 Days" and it shows me as list in no particular order and it shows campaigns from all different date ranges.

See Below (i name my campaigns by using dd/mm/yy, so you can see that even though i selected show only the past 7 days, it shows campaigns that dont meet that criteria.)

071315 - TS Weekly021816 - Safety Summit
110314 - TS Weekly
082415 - TS Weekly
012615 - TS Weekly
041116 - TS Weekly
041116 - TS Weekly Apr 11, 2016 06:00 AM
110915 - TS Weekly
031616 - Calendar of Events
031616 - Calendar of Events
011116 - TS Weekly
011116 - TS Weekly
122214 - TS Weekly
083115 - TS Weekly
040716 - Safety Summit - Russell to Webinars Apr 07, 2016 01:57 PM
091415 - TS Weekly
091415 - TS Weekly
081315 - MMI
081715 - TS Weekly
081715 - TS Weekly
052515 - TS Weekly
120215 - Calendar of Events Ver3
040616 - Operator Executive Exchange Apr 06, 2016 01:34 PM
020116 - TS Weekly
040516 - European Laundry Tour - Texcare Apr 05, 2016 02:20 PM
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hey Dennis -- I see. We're looking into this! I'll have more information for you shortly.
Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Emily,

Do you have an update?  Or can i have access to the old version of the comparison?  I have a monthly report that is due this week and need to report to the board.
Photo of Matt T.

Matt T., Official Rep

• 75 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis, 

First of all, thanks so much for pointing out this problem, and I'm sorry that this has caused you trouble. I'm the Product Manager for this new page, and what you found was a legitimate bug that we did not see in our testing. Basically, you were seeing a lot of extra mailings that were actually mailings that had been scheduled and then canceled before they were sent. That was a problem with how this page was filtering that list. 

The good news is that we've fixed this now, and you should have a much better view of things on this page. When you filter by date now, you should only see the mailings you're looking for, with one exception. You do have a mailing scheduled to go out on the 14th, and that one is showing up in your lists for now. We'll be pushing out a fix to remove all pending mailings like this from these lists as well, probably today. For now, you'll need to either uncheck this one mailing when you export, or delete that row from your spreadsheet. 

Hope this helps, and again, my apologies for the issues here. Thanks for your patience, and let us know if you have any questions or further issues. 
Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Matt,

1. Those other mailings were not scheduled and canceled!

They were real email campaigns that went out but for whatever reason the data was not showing. I attached a screenshot of one of them that looked like it had no data but when you go into it you can see that they have contacts in it.

So they are not pulling correctly.

2. There are still some items pulling incorrectly. For example the screenshot below show a campaign that was sent April 7 called 040716 - Calendar of Events (i highlighted in yellow for you. It is missing the analytics and you can see it was sent to over 5,000 people (see screenshot below as well)

3. You can also see that the date is not in any order if you look at the first screenshot. Can you make it sort it by date by default? or an option too?

4. Please dont get rid of the Classic Summary as it provides data and formatting that the others do not provide and is a valuable tool. If you can try to give it support for more then 5 comparisons at a time it would be perfect.

5. I was able to pull my reports but would like to see the other issues resolved if possible.

Thank You for looking into this.
Photo of Matt T.

Matt T., Official Rep

• 75 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis,

The bug you found here has made this pretty confusing, let me see if I can help. 

1. The mailings that did not have a date were indeed mailings that were scheduled and then canceled. However, you did indeed send those mailings later, and those are showing up as they should. For instance, on the mailing in your screenshot, entitled "071315 - TS Weekly," here's the actual mailing that was sent, listed on that page: 

And here's the response page for that: 

The version that didn't have a date was scheduled, but canceled before the send. Typically, you'd never see these in your account, but because of this bug, you were seeing them, and when you clicked on them, you'd see a response page with the groups listed but no mailing activity. That's because the actual send (shown above) happened later and was a separate response entry. 

2. The mailing entitled "040716 - Calendar of Events" is the only one showing on your page without a date now. That's because it's scheduled to go out on the 14th of April, Thursday. The title says 040716, but that's not when it was sent. You can see that it's scheduled in your account here:

That's still really confusing, but we'll be releasing a tweak to ensure that these scheduled mailings don't show up on the Compare Mailings very soon. 

3. This should definitely be sorted by reverse chronological order. We're looking into this and will fix this as soon as we have a solution. This doesn't appear to be happening in all accounts (it's sorting correctly in some other accounts), so we need to do some further research to find the root of the issue here. 

4. The current plan is still to phase out the Classic Summary in the coming months. It’d be helpful to understand what data you're getting from the Classic Summary that isn't available on the new one. I'd love to know what you're doing with it so that we can see if the new spreadsheet might be able to accomplish the same goals. Feel free to email me directly so that we can set up a call, my email address is matt@myemma.com.

5. Glad you were able to get what you need! I'll follow up on this thread when we've fixed the scheduled mailing issue and the sorting issue. 
Photo of Dennis Manugal

Dennis Manugal

• 33 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Matt,

I just sent you an email.
Photo of Matt T.

Matt T., Official Rep

• 75 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi Dennis, 

Looking forward to talking in more detail. For now, I wanted to let you know that we fixed the sorting issue and that pending mailing is no longer showing up on the Compare Mailings page either. Thanks so much for your feedback and help here!