When sending a test email the email is stretching across the screen? Can someone help resolve this please?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Not a Problem
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

When I send a test email from Chefs - Advertise a Vacancy and it is stretching across the screen instead of staying in the format we would like it to. Can someone look at this and help please?
Photo of Cummins Mellor

Cummins Mellor

• 71 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
  • Frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Hi there -- I'm happy to help! I sent myself a test to both a Gmail and Mac Mail address and didn't see any change. Can you tell me what email client you're viewing that test email in? A screenshot here would be super helpful as well! Thanks :)
Photo of Cummins Mellor

Cummins Mellor

• 71 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Photo of Cummins Mellor

Cummins Mellor

• 71 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
We are opening it in outlook. Thank you
Photo of Emily Hollingsworth

Emily Hollingsworth, Alum

• 2203 Posts
  • 158 Reply Likes
Thanks so much! Alright, I narrowed the issue down to the extra spaces you added after the bullets in each combo block. It looks like the spaces were breaking the template upon sending. I removed those in my copy titledĀ Chefs - Advertise a Vacacny - EMMA COPY and didn't see any stretching in my test to Outlook.

It does change the formatting a bit, but if you can position those blue headers after the bullets without using a series of extra spaces, you should see everything come through just fine! You're welcome to manipulate my copy as needed.