When I try to send the campaign I get "Internal Server Error"?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

When I try to send my campaign I get " internal Server error" I can't figure out what could be wrong. I have tried on my desktop, internet explorer, and on my iPad also and get the same message.
Photo of Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX)

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Camp Friendship

Camp Friendship

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I keep getting an error 500 message too.  I'm just trying to change the name of a campaign.  Every single time it crashes and I can't do anything.
Photo of Katie Lewis

Katie Lewis, Official Rep

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi all, we’re seeing some errors here, too. Our Systems Team is digging in, and I’ll keep you posted here and on our status page with news as it comes. Standby.
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Thanks for your patience! Those errors should have died down now, if you’d like to give it another go.
Photo of Kyle Floyd

Kyle Floyd, Official Rep

• 178 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
In talking with our systems, development, and infrastructure teams I have learned that we do not have conclusive evidence to point to exactly what caused the system wide errors our users were seeing from 11:25am to 11:48am CDT on Monday June 30. It is extremely rare for us to not be able to pinpoint the root cause of any problem and we hate that feeling as much as our customers. 

Concerning today specifically, there had been no recent system change that we could point to as a triggering event. That said, when reports began rolling in, we worked quickly to modify some server configurations and reroute some system traffic. Those actions were all reactionary but none of those processes showed any cause for alarm prior to the reactive changes. We also know that a third-party service provider we use saw a very short connection error this morning but do not believe that would have impacted our customers. With several variables at play and none of our systems showing cause for alarm we are presently at a loss.

We will continue to monitor systems on our end for stability. If we do find conclusive evidence as to the cause of this downtime, we will post that here.

We know that uptime is very important for our users and we don’t take that lightly.

I'm still getting the error when I try to send the campaign
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Hi! Seems you’re running into an issue separate from our earlier outage. I created a copy of your mailing to do some testing and found  that there was outdated code in the template you’re using.

I’ve created a new template called "Blank Template--Simple Footer (new version)” that should contain all the elements of "Blank Template--Simple Footer,” but with updated code, and I’m able to send the copied mailing using this template.

Would you like to try switching to this new template in your original version of the mailing and then sending?
That worked thank you
Photo of Katie Lewis

• 3414 Posts
  • 309 Reply Likes
Great, glad to hear it!