why are my new signups getting 2 welcome emails via automated response?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

Photo of Amy Reardon

Amy Reardon

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Zimmerman-Clayton

Paul Zimmerman-Clayton, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hey Amy, thanks for posting! There area reasons new signups might be receiving two welcome emails. One common reason is that the signup form is set up to send an opt in confirmation, and an additional automated emails is set to go out when someone uses the same signup form. If new signups are receiving a text email that has an opt-in confirmation link, and an additional HTML email, this is most likely the case. Usually, the fix is to turn off the confirmation email from the signup form settings. 

It's also possible that you have two automated workflows set up to send at the same time. This would result in two different HTML mailings. If this is the case, you would want to change the settings for one of those automated workflows. 

If neither of those sound like what you're running into, please let me know a little bit more about the method of sign up (i.e. signup form, custom form via API) and what the welcome emails look like. I'll be happy to take another look!
Photo of Amy Reardon

Amy Reardon

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Paul,
Thank you. I have 2 automations set up. I have the confirmation email from the form turned off. Are you able to look at my automations and see if I have duplicates set up please? They should each be pulling from one sign up list. Thanks!
Photo of Paul Zimmerman-Clayton

Paul Zimmerman-Clayton, Official Rep

• 400 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Hey Amy, apologies for the delay! I've found one example where recipients would definitely receive two welcome emails. 

Right now, you have two workflows, one that will trigger when someone signs up via Emma Guestbook, the other will trigger when someone signs up via any method, including Guestbook. At this point, if someone signs up via Guestbook, they will receive two copies of your welcome mailing. 

Other than that, I can't find any reason a mailing would go out twice, and according to the response data, most of your recipients have only received once. If you're finding that's not really the case, or you have received twice from a signup other than guestbook, please let me know!
Photo of Seemab Hussaini

Seemab Hussaini, Champion

• 36 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Amy! Glad this was resolved earlier. I'll close this out and I look forward to following up with you regarding the Guestbook signups by Monday!