Response trends over time graph shows different click rates than mailing response.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

The "response trends over time" graph shows: "5% clicks"
The campaign results shows: "18.02% of people clicked through".
Shouldn't those be the same number?
Photo of Flyte World Dining & Wine

Flyte World Dining & Wine

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • curious

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Kelli Liszka

Kelli Liszka, Official Rep

• 31 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Great question, I'm sorry for the confusion here!

Both of these numbers are *technically* correct, they're just different calculations of the click rate. The Response trends graph is calculating the percentage based on total number of campaigns sent, while the mailing's Response page is calculating the click percentage based on total opens.

Here are the stats for this particular campaign:
Total sent: 1505
Total open: 455
Total clicks: 82

The Response trends graph is dividing the 82 clicks by the 1505 sent, which comes to 5%.

The mailing's Response page, is calculating that percentage differently, dividing the 82 clicks by the 455 opens, totaling an 18% click rate.

While inconsistent, both numbers are technically correct. I've sent a note to the Product Owner to change the calculation of one or the other to make them both consistent. I hope this helps!
Photo of Christie Medical Holdings, Inc.

Christie Medical Holdings, Inc.

• 10 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi, 

I'm working on a quarterly report for my director and I am running into a similar issue.

For November 2015:
the response trends over time shows 9% opens
when I compare mailings for November 2015 the average open rate is 14%

which number is more reliable? 

thank you,
Dawn
Photo of Matt T.

Matt T., Official Rep

• 75 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Hi there,

You're one of the few accounts that has noticed this, but you're right, those numbers don't add up! There's a lot wrong with this chart honestly, so much that we're going to be taking this out of the application entirely very soon. We'll eventually be adding some much more useful graphing and reporting to replace it. In the meantime, the good news is that you can now calculate this yourself with the new compare mailings export feature! I see that you've already found that, but if you have any questions about it, just let us know. 

Thanks,
Matt
Photo of Flyte World Dining & Wine

Flyte World Dining & Wine

• 23 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks for the explanation!