Why is my scheduled campaign taking hours to send out?

  • 0
  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I scheduled a campaign to send out at 5amEST and it is still in progress at 4pm EST. I don't understand why it is still in progress. Can you please help me understand?
Photo of Life is good Playmakers

Life is good Playmakers

  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 0
  • 1
Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

  • 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Hi there! Is this the "Newsletter" split test that you're referring to?

I'll watch for your reply, then will hop back into your account to take a look. Always happy to help!
Photo of Life is good Playmakers

Life is good Playmakers

  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Katie,

Yes it is the Newsletter split. I read in another post that it takes 4 hours to decide which split subject is the winner but I was shocked to still see the campaign sending out 12 hours after that. Please let me know. Thanks!
Photo of Katie Watts

Katie Watts, Support Team Manager

  • 423 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Thanks for this additional information! You're exactly right ... the first four hours after you start a split test are the testing period when we're determining the subject line that's getting the best response from 20% of your audience. At the end of that four hour period, we send the campaign to the remaining 80% of your recipients with the winning subject line.

Outside of that split testing period, sometimes you might see a mailing in progress for up to 30 hours after you initially send. That's because we may not get through to all email addresses on the first attempt (they might have a full inbox or temporary server problem), so we'll try again a few more times. We do immediately attempt delivery, but we're not able to determine how quickly the receiving server accepts the message. As of now, this campaign has just 30 of the 7,586 total emails sent still attempting delivery.

You should see that mailing move to the completed tab later today. Hope this helps!